Saturday, June 1, 2013

My Self-Tanning Tips Plus Jergens Review!



Hello everyone!

Today is officially the beginning of June! Yay summer!! Also, today as I measured my hair growth it has reached a little over a ½ an inch this month! So that’s not bad! I also just started taking Saw Palmetto and MSM so if this month’s hair growth is more I’ll know if those are working.

Today I would like to give you my top 10 tips for self tanning! As well as a review for the Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer! If you are just interested in seeing the review you can scroll down to the Jergens picture, it’s ok I’m not offended haha!

So to begin here are my personal top 10 tips for self-tanning which is just what I’ve learned on my journey of being a pale girl. Because I’m very passionate about health and skin I avoid the sun’s harmful rays as much as I can. I always wear sunscreen with SPF 50 and I try to always wear sunglasses. So because I’m nearly see-through I discovered self-tanning!

#1 if you are very pale, it’s best to choose a self-tanner that will not darken you too much. I like Sun Labs in medium for this case because you can achieve results but it’s not too dramatic which could cause people to notice you’re self-tanning! It’s also best to get a formula with a green-tint because it will not turn you orange.

#2 If you’re using a regular self-tanner with a guide color (if it goes on kind of bronzey) it’s best to apply it at night and shower off in the morning. Sure, you lose a little color by doing this but I learned that the guide color looks pretty terrible if you happen to get caught in the rain. Then you look like a bronze zebra haha. Plus, doing this will get rid of the self-tanner smell.

#3 Always exfoliate before putting on your self-tanner. Like always. This will make sure that you get an even tan result and it lasts longer. I like to use exfoliating gloves while I’m in the shower and I use my own exfoliating mixture on my knees and elbows.

#4 Use a moisturizer on your knees, elbows, hairline, and eyebrows before using your self-tanner and let it soak in. Also, I only use the leftover tanner on my knees and elbows, just whatever I have left on my hands from doing my leg or arm.

#5 Chances are you will sweat it off, I know, bummer :( I’ve learned that I sweat it off in certain areas faster. Like where my bra line is around my chest or on the inside of my legs. If you are sweating and these areas turn pale, use your self-tanner at night like normal and add a second coat to the lighter areas.

#6 Every self-tanner claims it lasts a week or so and I’ve learned mine just never do. My skin gets rid of self-tanner so fast! I have learned however, that I can do the self-tanner every three days and it stays the color I want it to. If I let it go the whole week I lighten quite a bit but I still have a glow so it’s not bad.

#7 How should you apply self-tanner? Well, I have tiny hands so if I use gloves I have to order the small ones online because the ones in the stores are always too big. If the gloves are well fitted then you should have minimal streaking. You may also use your bare hands but I almost always mess this up and end up having orange colors underneath my nails. The best thing to use is a tanning mitt! These are awesome and they get an even tan! After you wash the mitt you can wash it with soap and lukewarm water and I hang mine to dry ASAP so the glue will not come apart.

#8 For self-tanning your face I have used the regular self-tanner for body by Sun Labs and never had a problem but if you have easily irritated skin you should get the one specially formulated for faces. I use it very sparingly under the eyes, eyebrows, under the nose and around the mouth so I’m kind of contouring with the tanner. Also I use a cotton pad to apply it to the back of my hands as well.

#9 If you have a self-tanner that makes you a little darker than what you wanted, I like to mix a regular moisturizing lotion with the tanner as I apply it. So for example I’ll use one pump of the Daily Moisture by Jergens and two pumps of the Sun Labs and then mix it with my hands and apply it.

#10 For best results work from the legs up and only swipe sparingly over feet. I usually do my whole body then I’ll let sit for like 5-10 minutes and I’ll put on a loose nightshirt and go to bed. I’ve never had any problems where it stains my sheets or anything for the Sun Labs, Banana Boat, Jergens, or the Fake Bake. (Jergens and Sun Labs are my favorite btw)

So there you have it! These are my fool-proof tips for getting a flawless, natural-looking tan! Hopefully they work for you too!






Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer

Pros
Cons
No orange color
About 3 applications before you can see color
Even, no streaks
Can feel kind of damp when you are sweating
Can be applied with hands
Takes about 7-10 min to dry
Not too dark
Moisturizes great with Vitamin E
No smell at all


So I got the Jergen’s Natural Glow DailyMoisturizer for only $8-9 a bottle I have to say I’m impressed! You don’t have to use very much to cover an area so that’s great! After the first two applications I started to notice a subtle glow which was nice! Now it’s after my third application and I love the color! It’s a nice brown color with no orange and I don’t notice any smell at all! I love it! For me, the third application has a good color and I probably won’t try to go much darker. I used the Fair-Medium formula which is lighter and I like it a lot! I used to use the Sun Labs self-tanner and because it’s a little more expensive than what I wanted I decided to try this. The Sun Labs in Medium is a great alternative if you’re willing to spend the extra money and want faster results. I like the Jergens because I’m not necessarily trying to get “tan” just look a more natural color rather than purple, see-thru haha. SO it’s definitely worth a try and it’s cheap! I also use the one for faces and it’s great because it even has an SPF in it! It’s awesome!

Thanks for reading and if you have any questions or comments please comment below! I value your input!

Huge hugs and sun-kissed skin,

KMB

2 comments: